Mount Meru is second highest mountain in Tanzania at a height of 4,565 meters (14,977 ft) and is the eighth highest mountain in Africa.It is the topographic centerpiece of Arusha National Park. Its fertile slopes rise above the surrounding savanna and support a forest that hosts diverse wildlife, including nearly 400 species of birds, and also colobus monkey,buffalos,Girrafe.
Day 1: Arrive In Tanzania
upon arrival to Kilimanjaro international airport , you will be collected by one of our staff at Kilimanjaro airport for transfer to your hotel as per the programme booked . after some rest at the hotel your head guide will meet you for your briefing , gear check and arrange for you to hire any equipment you may need.
Day 2: Saddle Hut (Full board)
The walk from Miriakamba Hut to the saddle below Little Meru is a short day but a steep climb. The walk mainly consists of slow walks along the ridge from where we’ll get a spectacular view of the Meru Crater and the Ash Cone. Hot lunch will be provided at the Saddle Hut following which we’ll take a short climb to the summit of Little Meru which stands at 3,820 meters. If you can make it before sunset, you’ll be rewarded with yet another spectacular view.
- Dinner and overnight at Saddle Hut
- Elevation(m): 2,514 m to 3,570 m
- Elevation(ft): 8,250 ft to 11,712 ft
- Distance: 8 km
- Hiking Time: 3-5 hours
- Habitat: Forest and Moorland.
Day 3: Summit Day (Full board)
We’ll be starting off the trek at around 1:30 a.m. and have a steep climb to the Rhino Point (3800m) and then to the Cobra Point (4350m). If we make it on time, we’ll have the chance of seeing the sunrise from Mount Kilimanjaro above the clouds. Towards the final part of the journey, you’ll be trekking between the inner cliffs and outer walls of the crater through a narrow ridge line.
After a brief rest and brunch at the Saddle Hut, we’ll continue trekking towards the Momella gate.Youth Adventures vehicle will meet us and drive us back to the hotel in Moshi.
- Elevation(m): 3,570 m to 4,565m to 2,514m
- Elevation(ft): 14,977ft to 11,712 ft to 8,250ft
- Distance: 5 km up 13 km down
- Hiking Time: 12 – 14 hours
Overview of the Mount Meru Climbing Expedition
With its peak at a height of 4,565 meters, Mount Meru is the second highest mountain in Tanzania after Mount Kilimanjaro and eighth highest in Africa. Topographically, it is the centerpiece of Arusha National Park.Its fertile slopes rise above the surrounding savanna and support a forest that hosts diverse wildlife, including nearly 400 species of birds, and also colobus monkey, buffalos, giraffe.
- Park fees, camping fees & rescue fees
- 18% VAT on tour fees & services
- Huts Accommodations
- Double layered Sleeping Mats
- Transportation to & from the mountain gate
- Professional mountain guides, cooks and porters
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain
- Filtered water throughout the trek
- Tips to mountain crew
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry Services
- Any service not mentioned above
- Portable flush toilet with a toilet tent is extra (US$65 per toilet + toilet tent)
|DAY CLIMBING – TWO DAYS IN HOTEL. MT.MERU CLIMIBING FOR THREE DAYS|
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX|
For Climbing Mountain Meru the Recommended Group Tip as follows.
- Guide : $ 15 – 20 per day
- Cook. :$ 10 – 15 per day
- Porters :$ 8 – 10 per day per porter
Departure & Return Location: Kilimanjaro International Airport (Google Map)
Departure Time: 2 Hours Before Flight Time